Connect with us!

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Power of Intuition

Seeing how it's almost been a MONTH since my last post (oops!), this is kind of old news!  But for the purpose of documenting our lives .....  


WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BOY!! 

Not like I was surprised.  :) 

At our 12 week appointment we were told 80% GIRL based on this ultrasound:  
The ultrasound technician is well-known for making accurate predictions at just 12 weeks.  She does it based on the 'nub theory'.  Has anyone else heard of this?  She was convinced the angle of the baby's so-called nub was flat, meaning girl.  She was correct on 3 of my friend's babies so we left the appointment convinced we were having a girl!  We even told few close friends and family.  Oops! 
2-3 weeks later we were in full-planning mode.  We bought baby furniture, were picking out names, and then the dreams started.  I kept having vivid dreams that a baby boy was hiding in there.  For my fellow cytogeneticists, I dreamt that we did FISH on our baby and the results were XX/XY. 
I started telling Trey that I wasn't convinced anymore and we should wait to do anymore planning until our 20 week ultrasound. 

Lesson learned?  Trust intuition before 12 week ultrasounds or the nub theory.  This mama knows her baby!

More importantly, this sweet baby boy is looking perfect & healthy.  He was measuring at almost 1lb and 11 in long! 
Since I wouldn't want to embarrass him this early in life, I'll refrain from posting the 'evidence' of boy parts. 
Instead I'll leave you with this precious sight: 

Look at those long toes!
 Ladies and Gentlemen, meet our 2nd son, Henry.   
We can't wait to meet you baby boy! 

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you and your family! Boy oh boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I love the name Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry is going to be born into such a wonderful little family with the best big brother that he could ask for! Cannot wait to see his sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really does have long toes! I wonder where those came from?

    ReplyDelete