Connect with us!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cookies!

Here's my 1st post that doesn't involve my Charlie or Trey or family activities... Something else I love- Baking!  Ever since I was little I've always loved to bake- it seems to run in the family because we all love to do it.  And not the easy stuff either- the yummiest of goodies all made from scratch.  There's something special about using God's most delicious ingredients and making something yummy to enjoy with your family. 

A few months back, my mom and I had a blast learning how to decorate sugar cookies with royal icing for my friend Taryn's baby shower.  It is not a quick & simple task, but the cookies turned out so cute!  Royal icing dries hard, so you can package them or stack them however you choose!

I decided to do the same for Christmas Cookies this year- and to give them out to Charlie's friends at school.

I absolutely adore The Pioneer Woman's website/blog- I check it daily.  She posted a fabulous tutorial on Christmas sugar cookies with royal icing here

The recipe I used was perfect- super easy to roll out & are soft & delicious!  Definitely a keeper.

Next you make your Royal Icing & mix all the colors.  Luckily Hobby Lobby sells food coloring gels that come in every color.  
Then comes piping the outline on-

Then you 'flood' your cookie with thinner royal icing.  This is where it gets fun!
And of course the best part is actually decorating the cookies!  I had a blast doing this... and it definitely put me in the Christmas spirit. 







I know these will be eaten by 20 month olds who would have been more than happy with store-bought cookies, but I had a blast making them and at least I have extras for US and now I have my first food blog!  

Hope everyone else are enjoying some delicious Christmas treats too! 

1 comment:

  1. So i'm up in the middle of the night and was snooping around my friend's blogs and scrolled through this post of yours from before Christmas and can't believe I'm just now seeing these amazing pieces of artwork that you did!!! You should have told me to check it out because your cookies are beyond amazing! Wow! How fun! I think I'm going to go through Pioneer Woman's tutorials for maybe Valentines's or Easter cookies and see what I come up with because it looks like you had so much fun. Although, I've been on a Pioneer Woman strike because the last three recipes of hers that I made turned into total disasters and Nick and I followed everything step by step. I may give her another chance!

    ReplyDelete