Connect with us!

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Horny Toad!

We were in Hereford, TX over the 4th of July visiting the Adams Family.  One night we were there Trey excitedly came up to the house holding a prize.  He found this little guy...
Mr. Horned Toad.  Mr. Horned Lizard.  Mr. Horned Frog.  Or what I grew up knowing them as- Horny Toads! 

He has great memories of finding these endangered reptiles at his Mamaw's house in Midland.  To be honest they kind of freak me out- as do all reptiles- I mean.. they're known to spit blood from their eyes for goodness sake!  But... he was so excited to show Charlie & introduce a part of his childhood to him.
At first he wasn't too impressed with the spiky toad.
I was worried Trey would be disappointed.


But then....
He's more brave than me! No way I would touch that thing.


Wait.. maybe I don't wanna touch it. Why is he so puffy?

Watch out for the eyes!  Point him away from my baby! 


Okay, Daddy. I'll pet him just for you.

Time to say goodbye to his new friend. We've stressed him out enough for his endagered life!

Farewell... may you find many yukky bugs to eat.

Thanks for being the official reptile of the great state of Texas!
I need a telephoto lens so this doesn't have to happen again.


 
And then just because I love y'all and I want you to feel all warm & fuzzy... here's the view I get when my sweet boy RUNS to me. 
No more vampire teeth! His front center tooth finally popped through.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment