Connect with us!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Road Trip!

Hello friends.  Are you still there? 
Sorry about the lack of posts this month but we have a great excuse!  September is proving to spoil our boys- the entire month they will have been visiting with their AWESOME Grandparents- all of them! 

My Dad's family lives up in Hereford (by Amarillo), Trey's family is in Midland, and my mom's family is here in Katy.  Pretty spread out over the great state of Texas.  We figure while our boys are not in school and I am not working we need to take advantage and travel to them every now and then for a nice, long visit.

We left on Labor Day weekend for an overdue visit to the lovely Panhandle.  That's a 650 mile drive, folks!  Trey and I have made it several times but never with a 2-1/2 year old and a 5 month old.  I was expecting to have to stay overnight about halfway but my boys were PERFECT in the car.  Amazing.  Charlie has always loved the car- he can entertain himself pretty easily and was thrilled to get to watch movies in the car - WITH headphones!  Henry on the other hand... doesn't like his car seat.  At all.  We found as long as he could see one of us he was happy.  We drove straight through and made it in about 11 hours- stopped only 3 times.


1st time using headphones!


Cute Henry playing with his toys

Road trips aren't complete without treats!  C's 1st tootsie pop.

Henry stretching his legs during a gas break.



Trey had to fly back on Monday to go back to work (so sad!), but the boys & I stayed at my Dad's for 10 glorious days!  It was so nice to relax in the quiet, small town and let the boys spend time with their Papa & Mamy. 

Since Trey wasn't going to be driving back to Houston with us, I wanted to break up the long drive home.  What better way than to stop in Midland to visit with Bebe & Grandpa?  So off we went...

This was an easy 3-1/2 hour drive- thankfully because this was the only stretch I had without a copilot/baby tamer.




Our break on the way to Midland.  Henry was not as amused this time.

"Out of my way, Peeps!"

West Texas in a nutshell. 

We stayed in Midland for 2 fun days and then Bebe was kind enough to join us for the 500 mile trek back to Houston!  It went okay.. not terrible but after about 5 hours in the car Henry was not happy.  We were all ecstatic to pull into our driveway.  Charlie ran through the house squealing: "My house!  My room!  My book!  My Kyla! (dog) My Dada! My CARS!" 

It was no doubt a fun and successful 1400 mile road trip- one we'll repeat again but not for a few more months.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Glad ya'll had a fun and safe trip! I remember lots of road trips growing up (you know how it is, anywhere from Midland is a road trip) We are actually planning a big family road trip for the spring and you are helping to know that RIle will be able to handle it:)

    ReplyDelete