Connect with us!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day {A long post for a long weekend}

We had a very relaxing Memorial Day Weekend.  Heidi drove in from Elgin to visit us!  It was nice to see her as always.  For most of the weekend Trey worked to finish up our (his, mostly) patio project.  He worked hard at digging a trench through the back yard & down the side of the house for our new drain!  I'm sure he can explain this better... maybe he'll post his experiences soon.  :)  All I know is... we now have a fabulous patio and have spent every evening out there since!  So who wants to come over for a BBQ? 

Sunday he took a break & we went out to my parent's house for a swim.  It was HOT & the pool felt gooooood.  This was Charlie's 1st swim since last year, and he was a little nervous at 1st.

Okay, he wasn't amused at all. 

But he slowly warmed up to it! 

Here's Aunt Heidi trying to convince Charlie to wear his sunglasses.  He won't have it- no matter how cool we tell him he looks. 
I'm ready for my snack!

Later that night we went to visit Trey's Uncle Eric & Aunt Beth.  They're moving out to this fabulous ranch!  It was neat to see where they will be living and working.  Charlie enjoyed exploring out in the country. 
(I know there's a lot of these, but I just couldn't narrow them down!) 

He's trying to decide if he wants to venture into these pretty flower beds..

Why hello there, Cutie.  Come kiss Mommy. 

Not an angry kiss!  Who am I kidding?  I'll take it! 

Don't be scared....
SMOOCH!  I had to put down the camera so I could squeeze those cheeks. 

I know, He's adorable. Slobber & all.

Here he comes! 
The happiest boy alive...! 
Should I call Adidas?  I mean this makes ME wanna buy more Adidas stuff.  Just in time for the World Cup.

Monday while Trey was slaving away...again... Charlie & I ate tons of watermelon & hung out in Charlie & Kyla's pool. 
It's just not Memorial Day without watermelon....

...or swimming...

...or watermelon while swimming.

Best buds. 



I'm gonna splash you Charlie! 

Happy Boy. 

What a great weekend! 
Thank you to those who serve & served our country so we can have a great place to live and long weekends with our families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment